USED CARS REMARKETING
NATURE OF SERVICE
A groupe of cars dealers is having an unprepared fleet of used vehicles. The final customer could buy a vehicle before its reconditioning, resulting in:
- Difficulty in selling an unprepared vehicle. Sometimes the sale would be pushed by promises of repairs that the group could not keep (new tires, paintings etc.)
- Disappointment upon receipt by the final customer
The vehicle’s renewal must be adapted to the end-customer budget estimated average (vehicle repair costs’ management).
- Repair damaged vehicles (reconditioning) in a limited amount of time (lead time respect) to make them available for sale.
- Offer a “ready to go” vehicle – a vehicle that is ready to be presented and sold to the final customer.
- Vehicle’s reception and exterior washing
- Mechanical expertise with dynamic test / Esthetic expertise (sheet metal rework, painting, upholstery and saddlery)
- Descriptive quotations delivered to the customer / Order and receipt of parts
- Planning and engagement of the vehicle in the reconditioning workshop with repair order monitoring
- Mechanical treatment, revision and / or parts exchange according to the repair order
- Bodywork operation, painting (removal of parts, application of a primer and putty, sanding, smoothing, paintless dent removal, polishing)
- Esthetic preparation, interior cleaning and exterior finishing
- Final vehicle control following the repair order
- 360° photo shooting and images provision
- Parking of the used vehicle waiting for the shipment
- 3000 vehicles reconditioned per year
- Administrative service
- Workshop manager
- Quality technician
- Automotive expert
- Mechanic Technician
- Aluminum rims repairer
- Paintless dent remover
- Warehouse receiver
- Automotive detailing preparer
- The customer has a fleet of vehicles ready to go
- Strong positioning in the used vehicle market
- Vehicle repair costs’ management, with no impacts on its resale VS purchase margin
- Consistent reconditioning
- Outsourcing the reconditioning of used vehicle enables the group’s workshop teams to focus on tasks with higher added value, as repairing private vehicles.
- Used vehicles are now addressed in an industrial process, and no longer resolved as a variable by the workshop (overloaded) or as a reaction (the vehicle is sold, therefore it must be prepared) but as a real industrial process. In this sense, all used vehicles are reconditioned in short deadlines before being presented to potential buyers already ready to go.