Power Windows Leakage Containment & Rework
- Automotive OEM - Pickup Trucks and Truck Beds
- Segregate and re-work all non-conforming parts to pass water leak testing and fed back into production line
NATURE OF SERVICE
- Power Windows - contain and rework parts to fix water leak condition
- Do water test on all incoming product and segregate all non-conforming parts.
- Rework each part with urethane syringes and conduct water test again.
- If part passed water test, inspect to make sure part was free from urethane on all cosmetic surfaces and feed to the line.
- If part failed the water test, rework to conformance. If part water leak was too severe to attempt rework, part was to be scrapped.
- Inspectors tracked where the water was leaking and specify if condition was a big or small leakage. A daily report was provided to customer directly to help facilitate long term corrective action planning and results.
- Tijuana, Mexico
- August – October 2016 Project
- 17,117 Parts Inspected
- 13,266 Non-conforming Parts
- 13,266 Parts Reworked
- 892 Parts Rejected
- 1 Program Manager
- 1 Site Supervisor
- 1 Engineer
- 9 Inspectors Daily
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS & RESULTS
- Identified root cause of issue and developed long-term corrective action to eliminate problem completely.
- Contained all defective parts from getting to the line and maintained production.