Ultrasonic Testing Inspection
NATURE OF SERVICE
- Some parts sent by the customer had welding defects, resulting in insufficient mechanical strength.
- Its end customer (car manufacturer) requires an on-site intervention to prevent non-conforming parts from reaching the assembly lines.
- A new vehicle model is affected.
- Protection of the end customer (car manufacturer) with the implementation of parts' control on site.
- Inspection of parts already on site as well as incoming parts.
- Suggestion of an alternative to destructive testing.
- Implementation of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) solution using an ultrasonic device. Real technical alternative to a destructive control by parts' removal.
- Training of on-site teams in the device's usage.
- Ultrasonic testing inspection of welding points on body and chassis elements.
- Investment: 12 000€ (equipment and training)
- 2,5 days of training
- Number of parts inspected: 2501 representing, 66790 welding points
- 2 Reworkers
- 1 Industrialization Project Manager
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS & RESULTS
- Logistics benefits for the customer: instead of sending back all the parts, the final customer can use batches initially considered doubtful but finally confirmed compliant after control.
- The end customer (OEM) stays focused on its core business.
- Promotion of new technical skills to the supplier - new service to a historic TRIGO customer.